Tuesday 13 December 2011

My "The Works" Kiwi Burger

Ever since I was a kid, I have been obsessed with huge, juicy truck-stop style burgers. My mum makes a pretty awesome one, but her version is a little smaller than mine. This is my ultimate pig-out burger. We aren't talking polite, easy to eat, fine dining here. This is gluttony on a plate.
From the bottom up: A toasted, buttered King size sesame burger bun; fried onions; slices of beetroot (from a can); thick, medium rare home-made beef patty with plenty of flavouring from onion, fresh herbs, garlic and a few other secret ingredients; lots of Edam cheese melted onto the patty while its still in the frying pan; grilled free-farmed streaky bacon; fried organic free range egg, sunny-side up; a slice of canned pineapple; sliced fresh Beefsteak tomato; some nice fresh fancy lettuce; a swirl of tomato sauce and mayonnaise on the top bun, et voila!
Must be served with hot potato chips, which you may or may not finish, depending on your appetite. You'll have to excuse the amount of salt on the chips in my photo, The Man likes his liberally salted.

No comments:

Post a Comment